March 14, 2013 at 7 p.m.
(We’re starting a half-hour early!)
The Field School Auditorium
Welcome/President Tim Tolson
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’a last meeting’s minutes (January 10, 2013)
Treasurer’s Report (Annual family dues are $10, payable tonight)
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Possible Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officer (Evening Patrol Division) as part of the new Albemarle County Police department community policing.
Old Trail development plans by Dave Brockman, Development Manager.
- Update on the Build Crozet Library fundraising (http://buildcrozetlibrary.org; Bill Schrader)
- Updates from the Crozet Park and the Crozet Trails Crew (CTC).
- Update on the Streetscape project (utility line re-location).
- Other items?
- Crozet Safety Corp proposal. Jim Crosby and Tom Loach. A community safety and preparedness outreach independent of, but fostered by, the Albemarle County Police Department to increase our community’s safety, promote and encourage disaster preparedness, and help deter criminal activity
- Crozet 2013 Independence Day Celebration planning.
- Fund raising for the CCA? How to raise money to be able to support other causes in Crozet?
- There are vacancies on several Albemarle County Boards and Commissions, several of which are specifically for White Hall District residents. YOU are encouraged to apply.
- Other items?
Comments and Questions?
- Crozet Community Advisory Council (CCAC) meets next Thursday, March 21, at 7:00 PM at the Meadows Community Center (5735 Meadows Drive).
Future Agenda Items
Ann Mallek’s Citizens’ Town Hall Meeting follows this meeting.
Reminder: CCA meetings are at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months. The next CCA meeting is May 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM at the Field School Auditorium
Mission Statement and Bylaws of the Crozet Community Association (CCA)
As adopted November 13, 2008 (after presentation at the CCA meeting on May 8, 2008)
The mission of the CCA is to be:
- a non-partisan forum for communicating information and issues associated with the quality of life in Crozet, VA,
- a representative advocate for improving and maintaining a high quality of life within Crozet, VA, and
- a source to establish interest and action groups on areas of concern or interest to the community of Crozet, VA. The CCA accomplishes this mission by working with residents, county/state representatives, community organizations (e.g. local homeowners associations, service organizations), and businesses.
Bylaws of the Crozet Community Association (CCA)
Article I: The CCA is a state corporation (NOT a 501 (c)3 non-profit) with volunteer officers and committee members. (P.O. Box 653, Crozet, VA 22932)
Article II: Officers will be elected for a one-year term, commencing on the first meeting of the calendar year. Positions will consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Majority approval by attendees at the final meeting of the calendar year will constitute election.
Duties of the officers shall be as implied by their titles. All officers, other than the Treasurer, will have a maximum term of 3 years, and shall be responsible for keeping accurate records.
Article III: There will be 9 standing committees, which will meet independently of the CCA meetings and provide updates at each meeting of the CCA. They are as follows:
- Safety and Security
Committees may be eliminated or added as determined by the majority of attendees of a scheduled CCA meeting.
Article IV: Meetings will be held the second Thursday of the months of January, March, May, September, and November, and will generally follow Roberts Rules. Additional meetings may be called as determined by the President.
Article V: There will be annual dues collected each calendar year. The amount of the dues will be established and approved by attendees at a scheduled CCA meeting.
Article VI: Changes to these bylaws may be made by majority vote of attendees at a scheduled CCA meeting.
Article VII: Motions made at a scheduled meeting will be presented, but not voted for acceptance until the subsequent scheduled meeting. The context of the motion will be communicated in the meeting minutes of the meeting in which it is presented and noted as being presented for vote at the subsequent meeting.
Crozet Community Association Website: http://crozetcommunity.org
Email Address: CrozetCommunity@gmail.com
Join our email list, by signing up at this website: http://listserv.bnsi.net/mailman/listinfo/crozetcommunity
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 4-6 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.