Crozet-area Masons gathered at the location of a new sign that will installed in front of their meeting hall on Rt. 250 near Cloverlawn. The sign, approved by the county’s Architectural Review Board in January, will be a four-foot tall, carved granite slab supported by stone-faced columns with slate caps. It will be illuminated at night and have a retaining wall around it. Masons on hand for a groundbreaking ceremony were, from left to right, Gerald Burandt, Bill Woodson, Lonnie Tuthill, Bobby Vess, Goldie Tomlin, Hunter Birkhead (slightly hidden), Hap Atkinson, Paul Scheier, Chub Harris and Richard Early. The Crozet lodge was formed during the Civil War in 1864.