- This event has passed.
Fall Festival and Open House at Montfair Resort Farm
November 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Join us for Montfair’s 4th Annual Fall Festival and Open House on Sunday, November 11th from 12:00 – 6:00 pm. Come out to celebrate the natural beauty of the area and see why Montfair Resort, which is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is a popular wedding and vacation venue. This family and dog friendly event will begin at noon and will include hiking the wooded 128-acre property, fishing and canoeing on the 5 acre lake and mountain biking on their well-marked trails. The day will also include rustic chair making demos, nature walk and sketching, pictures at the Montfair Love sign and tours of the rustic cabins which are open year round for the public. Relaxing and enjoying the fall foliage and mountain views are also strongly encouraged. Mouth Wide Open, a local food truck, will be onsite for lunch (or you may bring your own picnic basket) and music will be provided The Doyles River Cut-Ups. The day will conclude with a s’mores bonfire by the lake and a Children’s Lantern Walk led by Tinkergarten Charlottesville, an organization that designs classes to help kids develop and grow through outdoor play based learning activities. The event is free to the public.
The afternoon will feature:
• Photos at the Montfair Love Sign #loveva
• Mouth Wide Open, a local food truck, will be onsite for lunch –or-
• Bring a picnic to enjoy by the lake or on the picturesque wedding field
• The Doyle’s River Cut- Up’s Bluegrass Band- 2- 5 pm
• Corn hole and Lawn Games on Lake Front.
• Fishing at Montfair’s 5-acre lake and two smaller ponds
• Canoe Rides
• Cabin Tours
• Hiking and/or biking on Montfair’s 129-acre wooded property and well-marked trails
• Rustic Chair Making Demo and sales by Joe Sheridan
• Nature Journal Sketching and walk for kids and adults with Leora Sheridan Vincenti
• Bonfire and S’mores from 4:00 – 6:00.
• Tinkergarten Fall Lantern Walk at 5:00 pm
For more information, please visit Montfair’s webpage (www.montfairresortfarm.com) or call the office 434-823-5202.